Transport Control Window

Discussion for all things related to ADR Manager
MaryEllenPorto

Transport Control Window

Post by MaryEllenPorto »

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for starting this forum! I have a question regarding Transport Control. I set it up as instructed in the manual in both my OS, PT and AM. I am running Mac OS 14.3.1 (Sonoma), ADR Manager 7.4.4 & Pro Tools 2023.12.1.

When I click on my PT track the correct TC is transmitted to the Transport window. When I hit play it plays from that point but I also get this message:

MIDI command 'play' timed out.
(Did not hear back from Pro Tools)
Check to make sure your MIDI settings match Pro Tools, and Pro Tools MTC is turned on.
In Pro Tools, open the Transport window (Window > Transport). Make sure the Synchronization panel is visible (View > Transport > Synchronization). Turn on the Gen

I also can't click on a cue in the Cue List window in AM and then hit play in the Transport Control Window and have it play back.

I did check all my settings and I do have the MTC generator on in PT. Do you know what I might be missing? I have a colleague having the same issue and he is running Ventura. I could always get the Transport window to work correctly in earlier versions but not really in the upgrades to 7.

Thank you!
Mary Ellen
forummaster
Site Admin

Re: Transport Control Window

Post by forummaster »

Hi Mary Ellen

Thank you for being the first to post to the ADR Manager forum! I hope it will help others with similar issues.

I created a little video about MIDI that might help. It deals with setting up and using MIDI. It was made using an older macOS, but hopefully the settings apply to Sonoma.

When MIDI isn't working for me, the culprit is usually one of two settings in Pro Tools:
- Setup > Peripherals > MTC Generator Port has been reset to None, or something other than the bus I assigned to ADR Mgr.
- The Gen MTC button is not turned on.

BTW Are you running on a Apple Silicon machine?

- Steve
MaryEllenPorto

Post by MaryEllenPorto »

Hi Steve,

It was the "lock to transport" button! I was always able to get all the tc info between PT and AM to work but could no longer get it to work with the cue window. This did the trick. It's always a button I missed it seems.

Thank you so much!
m.e.
MaryEllenPorto

Post by MaryEllenPorto »

p.s. I am not running silicon. The video was really helpful!